2018 Summer Racing Team
Contact Program Coordinator for Information
Once again we will be prioritizing our High Performance Junior Racing Team. CLICK HERE for more information.
This program is for experienced high school rowers (at least one competitive season) who are entering grades 10-12 in fall, 2018. It will be conducted from Saturday, June 16 to Monday, August 13. The emphasis is expected to be on sculling, but the program may include more sweep depending on the final size of the team. Fitness for participation will be assessed by WBC coach(es) during the registration process. Rising freshmen who already have significant rowing experience (multiple camps, etc) should contact the WBC Program Coordinator or Head of Junior Programs Joe Sullivan about joining this program (email listed below).
Rowers participating in this program will be expected to:
- Attend practice six days a week, with any absences excused in advance (and kept to a minimum).
- Practices will be Monday- Friday, 4:00-6:30p (drop off no earlier than 3:45p, pick up by 6:45p) and Saturday, 8:00-11:00a (drop off no earlier than 7:45a, pick up by 11:15a).
- Purchase a Whitemarsh Boat Club racing unisuit. Orders must be placed by June 3rd to ensure delivery in time for the first team regatta. The final cost of the uniform will depend on how many we order. Please contact Head Coach Joe Sullivan or our program coordinator for more information (email listed below).
- Commit to competing in 2 local regattas: Independence Day Regatta (June 29-July 1), Philadelphia Youth Regatta (July 21).
- Upon the recommendation of the head coach and approval of WBC, selected participants may attend US Rowing Club Nationals in Cherry Hill, NJ (July 11-15) and/ or the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in St. Catharines, ON Canada (August 7-12). Travel and trailer expenses for out of town regattas will be paid by the participating rowers.
COACHES for the 2018 Competitive Junior Summer Program include Head of WBC Junior Programs, Joe Sullivan & Germantown Academy Head Coach, Lauren Lehane. Assistant coaches to be named at a later date.
The fee for this 9 week program is $1,090 if paid by check ($1,120 if paid by credit card/PayPal). This fee includes the yearly Hines Rowing Center (HRC) fee, plus all local regatta entry & trailer fees. Travel fees will be assessed separately & paid for by the participating athletes.
If an athlete has participated in ANY 2018 program at Hines Rowing Center (this includes all 2018 WBC programs & all 2018 HRC scholastic teams) they have already paid the yearly HRC fee; the total for these families will be $1,040 if paid by check or $1,070 if paid by credit card/PayPal. (payment in full due before 6/23/18).
Please send checks to Whitemarsh Boat Club, PO Box 944, Conshohocken, PA 19428; please indicate “summer junior racing team” on the memo line.
CLICK HERE to be taken to the WBC RegattaCentral page.
Click on “Memberships” to see the full list of programs available.
Questions/ concerns? Email us- email@example.com