Summer Racing is Upon Us!!
Better late than never, right? Or that’s what they say…
On Saturday, June 14, WBC’s loaded trailer headed down river for the first race of the summer season- the Schuylkill Navy Regatta. The juniors hadn’t started practice, yet, so this trip was the first outing for the masters & our college competitive program. It was a gorgeous day (& after the spring we endured I believe we were all OWED a nice race day). The sun was shining & the flow rate was up; the only downside was the gusty crosswind pushing everyone off to port & causing some not-so-fun-times getting races aligned. But, we all ended the day upright & dry (which can’t be said by all the clubs who raced). All in all a successful outing!
Here are the results-
- Carter Law in the Intermediate 1x took second in his heat & 6th in his final
- The Men’s Master 4+ took 3rd in their raw time & 3rd after the handicap
- Lauren Lehane took 4th in Flight #1 of the Women’s Master 1x
- Julie Waterbury in the Women’s Lightweight Masters 1x took 2nd in her raw time & 3rd after the handicap
- Sean Sullivan took 4th in Flight #1 of the Men’s Master 1x
- Keith Wobeser brought home GOLD in the Men’s Lightweight Master 1x (overcoming a 20+ second handicap!)
- Our 2 Women’s Intermediate 4s took 3rd & 4th in their final
- Gavin Kerr & Dave Baugh finished 2nd in Flight #3 of the Men’s Master 2x
- The Women’s Master 8+ finished 3rd in their raw time & 3rd after the handicap
- The Men’s Master 8+ took 4th in their raw time & 4th after the handicap
- BOTH Men’s Master 4x’s brought home GOLD in their respective flights
- The Women’s Intermediate 8+ finished 3rd in their final
Nice job, everyone!
Next up- The Independence Day Regatta which will find the trailer even more crowded as we will add the U23s & the competitive juniors to the mix. Stay tuned for results…