***WINTER TRAINING DETAILS UPDATED for 2018-19***
Contact Taya DiAngelo to Register
(email at bottom of page)
– Any high school rower who is looking for a well rounded approach to “off season” training. If your scholastic program does not offer a winter training program we welcome you to join us!
– All WBC Spring Racing Team members are encouraged to participate.
– Any athlete who is brand-new to rowing (aka- has not completed anything beyond a learn to row camp) & would like to race with us in the spring should contact Taya DiAngelo to discuss options available.
– A new approach to the “off” season!
- There will be plenty of erging. Erging is crucial to gaining speed once athletes transition to the water in mid February. The groups will have coached erg practices on Monday, Wednesday, & Saturday. The erg workouts will be designed to put athletes in the best possible position to succeed at local erg competitions in early February.
- Circuit Training every Tuesday will offer a chance to break free of the erg for a night while still gaining fitness & strength.
- Thursdays will be either another round of circuit training OR mindfulness training. We are *so* excited to be offering the Mindfulness in Athletes classes this winter & we hope it will become an essential part of our winter training. Over the course of the program we will host five sessions with Jesse Frechette of the Center for Mindfulness & Wellness. Specific dates & more details to be announced soon.
- Yoga for Rowers every Sunday! Taught by one of our WBC members who is a certified yoga instructor AND knows first hand the “aches & pains” associated with rowing.
– Winter Training practices will begin on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 & run through Thursday, February 14, 2019.
– Monday – Thursday = 4:00 – 6:00 PM
– Saturday = 9:00 – 11:00 AM
– Sunday = 10:00 – 11:00 AM
– All practices will take place at Hines Rowing Center.
– The 10 week program will be offered for $250 (payable by check to Whitemarsh Boat Club before the first practice).
– For those athletes who are planning to race with WBC in Spring of 2019 $250 will be credited towards your spring racing fees.
TO REGISTER OR IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS- EMAIL US!