In order to cater to the widest range of masters rowers we have multiple membership options available. Please read the descriptions below to see what best fits your lifestyle. Contact us with any questions & to receive the current pricing structure; current pricing is also available on our club page on RegattaCentral- https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=2168 .
2019-20 Membership Chairwoman, Marie Leonard- firstname.lastname@example.org
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO ALL MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES:
- Racing Requirements include eligibility as determined by head masters coach and payment of seasonal race fees for desired season(s).
- Regatta Participation Fees will be charged for each regatta raced for all participating members.
- Race Fees: $100 for spring (May 1st – Aug 15th) and/or $100 for fall (Aug 15th – Nov 31st)
- Bowing WBC Club Boats off Coached Rows can only be done by WBC members and if bow-certified by a WBC coach
- “Limited Boats”: Access to club equipment is restricted to “Limited Boats” (list to be defined and updated regularly by the Captain and posted on both the website and bulletin board) and non-“Limited Boats” available after all boats and rowers have launched for any scheduled WBC Row.
FULL MASTERS MEMBERSHIP
- Under this category, rowers have full access to all club services including equipment and coaching during scheduled, coached Club Rows. Full members also have access to coached race rows and can race in regattas if Racing Requirements are satisfied (see below).
- Volunteering is a requirement of all Full Masters Members.
LIMITED MASTERS MEMBERSHIP
- Limited Masters include those rowers who own their own boats, as well as experienced rowers who do not wish to participate in club rowing or have access to coached club rows. Please contact us for more information about rack space if you own your own boat.
- Access to club equipment is restricted to what is available after all boats & rowers have launched for a scheduled Club Row. Bowing WBC Club boats can ONLY be done by WBC members who have been bowed certified by a WBC coach.
- Club owned equipment is available to Limited Masters at off-times unless equipment is under repair or has been designated as having RESTRICTED access.
- Limited Masters members are encouraged to race under WBC colors per racing requirements (contact us for further details). Limited Masters will have access to club owned equipment & trailering for racing whenever possible & as determined by the WBC racing staff.
- Volunteering is a requirement of all Limited Masters Members.
AA (UNDER AGE 27) MASTERS MEMBERSHIP
- AA Masters must be no younger than age 21 & no older than age 26 on December 31st of the current year of membership.
- AA Masters have the same privileges & responsibilities as Full Masters members, however AA Masters members who wish to race *must* do so under WBC colors & per racing requirements (see below for details).
- Volunteering is a requirement of AA Masters membership.
RESTRICTED MASTERS MEMBERSHIP
- Restricted Masters include those rowers who own their own boats and are experienced rowers who do not wish to participate in club rowing or have access to coaching.
- Restricted Masters members are encouraged to race boats under WBC colors & will have access to club-owned equipment and trailering for racing whenever possible and as determined by the WBC Racing Coach (trailering fees apply).
- Collegiate Members are rowers who have not graduated from their undergraduate program or are currently in full-time graduate school.
- Collegiate Membership at WBC occurs seasonally (aka- summer).
- Collegiate Members can choose to join in Masters Coached Club Rows on a “last in” basis.
- Collegiate Members are welcome to row during school breaks throughout the year following their paid summer membership.
FAMILY MEMBER DISCOUNTS
- Please contact us for information regarding family member discounts. The family who rows together stays together…. or something like that? But really- the more the merrier!
ON-HOLD, SOCIAL MEMBERS
- Social Members are past members who have opted to not row with WBC in a given year.
- Social Members remain on regular club emails and directories, may attend all social events, may opt to attend club rows annually in accordance with WBC’s guest policy (up to 5 Club <Non-Race> rows), and do not have to pay an Initiation Fee upon re-joining.
- Social Membership does not allow non-coached session rowing, participation in race practices or rowing in singles.
WAIVED Members are those few individuals, usually coxswains and coaches, who volunteer their services to the Club throughout the year. Recognizing that they “give more than they take”, WAIVED Members are given FULL MASTERS privileges. WAIVED members are determined on an annual basis by vote of WBC’s Board.
Coaches who regularly row and receive substantial, personal benefit from Club resources (e.g., equipment, etc.) do not qualify and are asked to pay regular Membership Dues and are then paid separately for their services. Coxswains who also row at WBC are required to cox a greater percentage of their time (55%) on the water relative to the time they row in order to qualify for waived membership.
SCHOLARSHIP Members are those individuals to whom the WBC Scholarship Committee has awarded a full or partial scholarship. Scholarships to WBC are based on financial need, awarded on an annual basis, and can, at the club’s discretion, have an associated volunteer service requirement. Scholarship does not include race fees or any regatta fees unless specified.
HONORARY Members are those individuals to whom WBC has bestowed lifetime membership given their commitment and support to WBC at the club’s inception. These HONORARY Members receive FULL MASTERS privileges at no cost on an ongoing basis.
ALUMNI are past Masters or Student members who no longer hold an active membership. Unless otherwise requested, ALUMNI of WBC receive regular Club mailings related to upcoming events, fundraisers, special news, etc. All ALUMNI are welcome to row periodically in accordance with WBC’s guest policy (up to 5 Club <Non-Race> rows per year).